Ripe bananas(Nenthrapazham) – 1 kg
Jaggery(Sharkkara) -1 kg
Coconut -2 nos
Cardamom (Elakka)- 50 gm
Cashewnuts – 50 gm
Raisins(Onakka munthiri) – 50 gm
1) Cook the ripe bananas well (preferably
in a pressure cooker).
2) Remove the black thread-like things
from them and beat the bananas in a
-Please use only ripe bananas.
3) Grate the coconuts and prepare thick
cOconut milk(1 glass), thin coconut
milk(3 glasses) and very thin coconut
4) Dissolve jaggery in some water and
keep it on fire.
5) Cook it for some time and filter the
contents to get rid of the sediments.
6) Heat upa vessel(preferably Urali).
7)Put the beaten bananas and the filtered
jaggery water into this and cook.
8) Add ghee in between into this.
9) When fully cooked, add the thinner
Coconut milk and allow it to boil.
10)Wait for the water content to get reduced.
11)Add the thin coconut milk and allow it
to boil and get reduced.
12) Mix together the powdered cardamom
and the thick coconut milk and pour this
into the Urali.
Do not allow it to boil.
13)Lower the flame and heat it through.
14)Fry the cashewnuts and raisins in
the remaining ghee and add this to the